Monday, July 21, 2008

Pump Class


Clearly it has been too long since whatever horrible gym catastrophe inspired my abandoment of early-morning workouts (before 10am), because I got up this morning and headed out to my gym partner's house at 5: 48am. Since it was too early to ring the doorbell or call (bet she'd like me waking up her 8 sleeping kids...), I waited on her front steps for 4 minutes until her garage door yawned open. In that 4 minutes, no less than 17 people passed by her house! One group of 5 older-than-5o women, another group of young mom-type joggers, various couples and dogs and one teenager on the walk of shame back to his house.


Anyway, it was a great class, I liked it despite the 100+ pushups, but about mid-way through my sweat went cold and big black spots started to appear all over the room, bobbing around as I started the bicep curls. Hmm. Not sure whether it was lack of sleep or lack of food or what, but it took 5 minutes of holding my head between my knees while sitting on the toilet in the ladies room to even consider continued pumping. I returned and finished out the class, it is only 11:30am and I'm already sore. My supercilious prejudice about small weights and multiple repetitions has suffered another blow. I am definitely planning on pumping again next week.

No comments: