Sunday, August 21, 2011

Twilight FANS GONE CRAZY!

Traveling from Seattle, WA to a tiny town called St. Helens, OR, I noticed a sign for Port Angeles. Not ashamed of my absurdly avid interested in the dramatized version of the fictional teen novel Twilight, I got excited. Miss my meeting and head to see the site of Bella's almost-abduction? Hmm...maybe...It was a close decision but fate was on my side, and after my meeting ended I was informed that most of the movie was actually filmed in the small town of...St. Helen's OR!! My friend/business partner Crystal and I headed over to check out Bella and Charlie's "house." Sure enough, it was there. See me here, showing what I would look like as a vampire? Sans the sunlight glimmer, of course.
I was just heading around the back of the house to see how far Jacob really had to jump to get to Bella's window when i encountered THIS:



Looks like I'm not the only middle-aged woman to forget that Twilight is all a machination of someone's subconscious (another middle-aged woman, in fact).



I was pulling out of the parking lot opposite the theatre from the movie while talking on my phone when a local law-enforcement officer pulled me over. Turns out its illegal to use your phone while driving (the wrong way out of a one-way drive) in Oregon. I explained that I was from out of town and had rented my car in WA. He was very understanding and didn't give me a ticket when I explained that I was just checking out the tourist sites with my middle-aged gal pals. He gave me a weird look. WHAT ALREADY?

No comments: