Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Open 24 Hours

Have I mentioned how much I really love my laundry room? When we came back from Moscow we totally rearranged it. It took me awhile to find the right art work for the wall:

And Mike built these lovely racks so I can AIR DRY anything and everything I want!! And I have 15 feet of counter that, when not cluttered with bulk-sized TIDE, DOWNY, and other cleaning products, I can use to lay out sweaters for drying. Lucky I like it in there, since I spend LOTS of time in my little laundry. Notice the window is dark: that's because its 2am, and i'm just finishing my last load of the day.


LAUNDRY LAUNDRY I LOVE YOU WHEN YOU ARE PILES OF CLEAN, DRY CLOTHES. BUT NOT WHEN YOU ARE IN THE SMALL RACK BY THE DRYER BECAUSE THAT MEANS I HAVE TO IRON YOU, DAMMIT.

4 comments:

Josie said...

Endless, but at least you have a nice place to do it!

Nayomee said...

Your hair looks so cute in your new profile picture!! I really like it!!

The Expatts said...

Haha, loved the poem... hey, at least you iron. My poor husband has to do it himself if he wants any ironing done!

Out And About Global said...

Laundry is the one chore I don't mind and I iron EVERYTHING. Ok not sheets, although I have taken the iron to press down the band at the top of the sheet. Anyways, I agree with you, I love a long open uncluttered counter and hanging racks. I miss my outdoor clothes line.