Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Scout Outing

Yesterday a friend and I took the boys (YES, count them, 8 BEARS!!) over to the City Services Fair--all of the city empoyees were there--Fire and Rescue, Fire Dept, Police, Waste Mgt, City Water, City Electricity, the Historical Dept, the City Library--etc etc. It was fun and the boys each got a bag and collected candy and swag at every booth. They were REALLY good and polite and got to do some cool things. Everyone treated us well, they really go out of their way for the scouts around here.


The boys got to see all kinds of interesting displays and we got several achievements' worth of stuff done. Here they all are with McGruff, the Crime Dog.




I'm not sure why the police dept. had a table with stuffed wild animals on it, I don't THINK they were trying to scare the kids, but all the same the stuffed cougar face (it wasn't really a whole head) peeking up out of the candy was pretty creepy. Maybe one of the officers was a deranged Ute fan trying to make a statement...

Here's Nick trying out the fire hose. He said it almost "knocked me over!"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

did the police and fireman tell you why they almost all have mustaches? This is something i really want to know.

Out And About Global said...

I read through your blog and you had me laughing many times and no, I don't think the vampire boy they chose it cute--they could have done much better! Did you like book 4? Tough for me to get through, definately not my favorite.