Tuesday, September 16, 2008

This One's for Christine...

A few weeks ago I had lunch with a friend from Moscow. She arrived looking great, as usual, but she had on one of those shirts--you know, the "high-waisted" ones that are gathered immediately under the chest--and I had one of my foot-in-mouth moments when I asked her if she was expecting. NEXT TIME I will not put that kind of karma out in the universe, because although she graciously forgave me my blunder, today, when I wore the shirt below, no fewer than THREE different people delightedly commented that they didn't know I WAS EXPECTING A HAPPY EVENT!! Well, my happy event will be the burning of this shirt when I get it off my back tonight. Here's to you, Christine.

PS CAN YOU TELL ITS BEEN A LONG DAY??


2 comments:

Rencher Fam said...

Back when I was prego with Grant it was levi overalls.One time Alan asked someone in our ward if she was prego because she was wearing them...
and NO! you don't look pregnant!!! :)

o charm said...

oh that's funny (did this happen the same day as everyone getting sent to bed early?) i made this mistake once, just once, to a stranger, and swore i would never assume anyone is pregnant again. not even at 8 months. (and say something about it)